Rostislav specialises in resolving disputes before state courts and arbitration tribunals, in particular those arising from (construction) work contracts, loan and corporate agreements.
Prior to joining KIAP, Rostislav worked for major federal and regional consulting firms and has extensive experience as a civil servant and in-house counsel.
Rostislav speaks Russian, English and French and combines his practical work with editorial work for Wolters Kluwer, a major information services company.
Достижения и рекомендации
LL.M. in International and European Law: International Trade and Investment Law (University of Amsterdam)
Master of Laws in Civil and Business Law (cum laude)
- Successful representation of one of the backbone banks in its bankruptcy and commercial disputes with the group of borrowers totalling over RUB 80 billion.
- Representation of a major supplier of trains and spare parts in disputes before Russian state courts in connection with the termination of its operations due to sanctions imposed on Russia.
- Drafting of complex contractual documentation under Swiss, English and Russian law (EPCM, EPC, construction, transport, and insurance contracts) on behalf of one of Russia’s largest private chemical companies for the implementation of a large-scale projects to integrate ammonia, urea and melamine production into an existing methanol production facility.
- Assistance in winding-up the activities of a major supplier of POS terminals in the context of reciprocal sanctions imposed by Russia and Western countries.
- Successful challenge of the Federal Antimonopoly Service's decision to recognise the cartel on behalf of a multiregional baby food supplier, setting a positive precedent for the analysis of the economic feasibility of alleged cartel behaviour as an element of proof by the antimonopoly service.
- Representation of a major oil company in an arbitration dispute with an equipment supplier that avoided its obligations.
- Successful representation of a key supplier of wind turbine equipment in various commercial disputes, resulting in the resolution of a protracted corporate conflict.
- Representation of a foreign construction company in a dispute with its customer over the quality of work, which resulted in the settlement of a RUB 300 million dispute without a trial.
- Assistance in the sale of a company that is one of the exclusive developers of software for the mining industry in Russia.