For several years, KIAP was the exclusive legal adviser to an international air carrier in Russia. There were no internal lawyers in the client's Russian offices. Ongoing external consulting allowed the client to concentrate on expanding its business in Russia and leave the legal matters to KIAP.
Our specialists were involved in numerous projects, including the following:
- advising on the accreditation of representative offices in Russia, taking into account the specifics of air carrier;
- supporting concluding agreements with heads of representative offices and Russian business management;
- advising on the powers of representative offices in their interaction with Russian government authorities and banks;
- drafting internal documents on refunds to passengers' bank cards;
- developing a legal structure for cashback cooperation with a major Russian bank; etc.
Each of the above projects was extremely important for KIAP, as we were fully aware of the determining degree of our involvement in the legal aspects of client affairs and the extent of our responsibility to the client and each consumer of the air carrier's services.
Anton Samokhvalov, Julia Paushkina, Ekaterina Spakhova, Roman Suslov