KIAP's "Real Estate. Land. Construction" practice advises and represents clients before Russian courts in all matters relating to land and development law, and provides support for compliance with the pre-action protocols. Among the practice's clients are major Russian and international management companies, development groups, shopping centres and retailers. The practice is recommended by Legal 500 EMEA, Pravo 300, Pravo-300’s "Sympathy rating" and Kommersant legal rankings. Sergey Popov, head of the practice, is personally recommended by Legal 500 EMEA and Best Lawyers.
Litigation on real estate:
- Representation in Russian courts on issues of land and construction law as well as real estate and privatization law
- Pre-trial dispute resolution procedures
Consultations on land law, real estate, construction and privatization:
- Consultations on acquisitions and dispositions of real estate
- Legal due diligence for real estate matters
- Support on investment projects, construction sites, and construction works
- Comprehensive support on transactions for the acquisition of residential and commercial property in the UK, EU countries, Bulgaria, the United States and Africa
- Developing construction contract documents, legal support of contracts and consultations on construction projects carried out using FIDIC standard construction contracts or contracts that apply the principles or specific provisions of FIDIC.
- Representation of the interests of a large office center located in Moscow on the establishment of the cadastral value of a building as being equal to its market value in a judicial procedure. The value was reduced by more than 1 billion rubles.
- Representation of the interests of the Management Company of a Closed Real Estate Share Fund in a series of judicial disputes with the tenants of the property constituting a share fund in the amount of more than 2 billion rubles.
- Representing Zara in a more than R250 million dispute against a large trade network in Moscow.
- Representation of the interests of the country's major producer of mineral fertilizers in a case to recover damages worth more than two hundred million rubles caused by a fire at a mining and processing facility.
- Representing of international hypermarket chain Globus in recovery of debt from a shopping centre building contractor before the Court of Arbitrazh. The efforts made resulted in a judgment rendered for the client with an award of some 1 mln euros' worth of damages.
- Representation of the international hypermarket chain Globus in the Arbitration Court and the Court of Appeal in relation to the claim by the shopping center construction contractor on the penalty recovery in the amount of about 0.7 mln euros.
- Title search on a tract of land, previously consisting of 130+ parcels, for the purposes of its acquisition as a construction site for a Shopping Centre by METRO GROUP holding.
- Preparing a memorandum on possible tactics for termination of a preliminary agreement of lease of the premises of Zara.
- Counselling to serve the interests of private individual in a number of Moscow property acquisitions totalling about 15 mln dollars.
- Review and updating of a standard lease agreement for a major shopping center in Moscow in the interests of a major Chinese investor.
- Analysis and systematization of legal information on the rights and encumbrances for more than 30 real estate units in the interests of a major trading network.
- Legal opinion preparation in the interests of AUCHAN on the construction project implementation for several shopping centers in the Moscow region.
- Consulting TVOE on real estate management issues.
- Drafting lease agreements for Guess, Gucci, Qlik, and other companies.
- Advising INDITEX Group (a global corporation which owns many worldwide brands, including Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarious and Uterque) on all land law-related issues concerning relations with the landlords and public authorities.
- Preparation of the legal opinion for DIAGEO company regarding termination and/or sale of the rights under the lease contract for a building being a monument of architecture.
- Consulting an AFK Sistema subsidiary on a judicial dispute arising from an investment relationship with the Moscow Government.
- Representing Sawatzky Group by developing a draft turnkey contract for a residential house.
- Legal research and opinion on a tenant's ability to terminate a lease on a major office centre of 4,000+ sq.m. That strengthened the legal standing of the client as a landlord, making it possible to keep the contract in place on favourable commercial terms.